Responsible Energy For A Sustainable Climate
Our vision is that through by deploying tailored technology solutions to harness specific renewable energy resources, on a profitable project by project basis, humanity can enjoy sustainable use of energy decoupled from effects on climate.
The Technology Of Polygeneration
The polygeneration technology mix proposed by the company includes three separate technologies:
- Wind Power
- Pumped Hydro Electrical Storage
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) from agricultural Biomass by-products.
The Benefits Are As Follows:
- Efficient use of grid infrastructure.
- Effective replacement of fossil fuel and base load from the energy mix on the grid.
- Most efficient use of existing renewable energy sources.
- Independence from fuel imports for the provision of base load.
The polygeneration concept is being proposed in practice in the MAREX project
The Organic Power vision is embodied in the MAREX (Mayo Atlantic Renewable Energy eXport) plan for 2018 where 2000MW of wind potential in Northwest Mayo in Ireland represents the intermittent power supply, the 6GWhr, 1500MW rated capacity Glinsk Energy Storage Hub provides the back up for intermittency, and a dedicated 500kV, 1500MW underground/undersea cable link to the United Kingdom (UK) efficiently delivers the clean electricity product to the UK market without compromising the Irish Grid with levels of energy it is not designed for.
The system will deliver in the region of 6 terawatt hours (TWhr) of renewable electricity per year to the UK by 2018 equivalent to 1.3% of total UK electricity consumption and 8% of the UK’s renewable electricity target for 2018/19.